Physician Assistant to work in Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry, and Pain Management
- Full-Time and Part-time positions available
- Day, Early Evening, and Weekend hours
- New graduates welcome!
Why Join The Neuroscience Center
Located on the North Shore of Chicago, approximately 20 miles from the city, The Neuroscience Center has a long history of providing research-backed, innovative general psychiatry, neuropsychiatric specialty care, and pain management to patients across the lifespan. We have earned an international reputation for helping patients recover from Treatment-Resistant Neuropsychiatric Illnesses. Our innovative services also include specialized rTMS, TMS/ketamine treatments, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and parenteral nutrition-based management. The PA would be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team dedicated to excellent patient care.
What You Will Do
The Neuroscience Center is seeking Full and Part-Time Physician Assistants interested in psychiatry to provide services for children, adolescents, and adults in an outpatient setting. The Physician Assistants will work collaboratively with two board-certified psychiatrists, each with many decades of experience in general and specialty fields.
- Clinical evaluation, prescribing specialty medications, and monitoring patient progress.
- Specialty expertise in evaluating and administering TMS/ketamine treatments.
- Performing routine pain management procedures.
- Travel to additional sites of care to evaluate, prescribe, and monitor patients.
- Hours are flexible as the clinic is open 6 days week, from 7am -7pm; weekend and minimal on-call work may be required.
- Competitive salary and benefits packages including health insurance, paid vacation, training, conference, and CME support.
What You Will Need to Qualify for Hiring
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program.
- National Certification (NCCPA) prior to hire date.
- Transferable prescriptive privileges or completed licensure application ready to submit to the State of Illinois pending supervising physician’s signature for prescriptive privileges.
- Must pass background check.
Required Work Experience
Experience as a Psychiatric Physician Assistant or rotation in psychiatry during education is preferred.
New graduates are encouraged to apply.
For further information, contact [email protected]